Tuesday, October 2, 2007

Memory Box

First Iteration
As I was brainstorming memories that I wanted to use for this project I kept thinking of memories with my dad. I couldn't limit myself to one memory, and as I began to talk to other people about it they suggested maybe that it isn't necessarily what we do together but it is the bond that we share. So I went from there sketching out different ways to show a bond. I decided I would go with the weaving one because it was simple, yet was able to show a strong bond. I compared the bond we share to my brother and sister's bond with my dad. Their bond isn't bad by any means, yet I feel like ours is the strongest by far.


Second Iteration
My second iteration I decided to change the color of the paper to distinguish the different between my dad and the siblings. I also decided to weave all three sides, instead of leaving the other two solid to be able to compare the strength of the bonds.

Final Iteration
The last iteration I decided to make a little bit bigger. I felt like it was just a little too small to show the bonds. I also cut the strips of paper of my dad different sizes to illustrate the different memories we had together, some being bigger than others. I also bonded it together a little bit differently which resulted in a lot more cleaner, simple edge.


No comments: