Tuesday, October 2, 2007

"What makes Studio, Studio?"

We were asked, "What makes Studio, Studio?" I began to brainstorm and look through magazines to find a layout I enjoyed and that would work for me. I saw this one in Metropoliton Home "Small Spaces" March 2007 and I really liked how they had cut the image out on the right side and transfered it over to the left side. So this was the inspiration page of my "zine" layout. This is my attempt at making a layout. I really enjoyed the second page not only in the making of it but I enjoy the end result as well. The first page however, could use some definite help. I drew lines to make sure my writing was straight but obviously that didn't help as much as it needed to. Also, I messed up on my starting off letter and make it too small to begin with. That is why it now looks like it is running off the page, and is awkwardly drawn in the first place. Overall, im about 75% happy with my outcome. I also couldn't figure out how to combine the too layers (images) in Photoshop so I could show them on here as a spread.

No comments: