Tuesday, October 9, 2007

Interior Environment "Zine"

This project we were assigned to design a "zine" that critically critiqued a category. I chose to critique Interior Environments. As I went along and created my "zine" I laid out the pictures and carefully chose where to place them, as well as the text. How big the space would be and so on. But, after I would glue the images and texts down I would realize that I should have done it a different way. That was my biggest issue with this project. I would think I laid it out all the best possible ways and then when I "sealed the deal" I would notice an even better layout. I also felt like some pages could use a line to guide the eye, yet I was very hesitant on making them in case it made it look too busy or awkward. I tried to focus on lining up pictures with datums and evenly spacing everything. I feel like if I were to do it over again I would be able to make it more visually pleasing to the reader. I got my images from "Metropolitan Home" October 2007; "Traditional Home" October 2007; "Good things for the Home" Fall 2007; and "In Style" Fall/Winter 2007
COVER
PAGE ONE & TWO
PAGE THREE & FOUR
PAGE FOUR & FIVE
PAGE SIX & SEVEN
PAGE EIGHT & NINE

1 comment:

suzanne cabrera said...

Thanks for including an analysis of your process here. That really helps us know what you learned from the assignment. I know what you mean about "sealing the deal" and then realizing you should have done something differently. Wow, it happens to me all the time.

Something interesting that I notice is that your zine looks better digitally than on paper. I think the main reason for this is that we don't see any glue residue or your guide lines. Without these factors I am really able to concentrate on your compositions, which overall, work very well.

One thing I would consider changing is the placement of is the source list. Right now it is the first thing I see when I turn the cover and it feels a little too dominant.
Consider moving this to the end and making the font size smaller.

Nice job with the analysis. Very thorough.