Thursday, October 11, 2007

metamorphasis

This week we were asked to take two fellow classmates previous projects and combine them into one. This was quite a stretch for me because Sarah's designs were so simple and Stephanie's were a little more crazy. And beyond that I really did not want to have to construct another box out of matte board. Here are some of my brainstorming ideas...

These are the two projects I decided to work with. Stephanie's project is the feather "jungle" and Sarah's is the matchbox pencil holder.
Here is the iteration that is leaning towards Stephanie's project more. I will never look at feathers again after cutting that many out. The biggest trouble I had was trying to find a glue that didn't make the paper crinkle, and would not leave a greasy residue behind. Paper cement seemed to peel off as soon as I made the creases but in the end that is what I ended up sticking to, it was the only one that wouldn't leave the greasy residue behind.


Here is my middle mix of Sarah's and Stephanie's. I took the concept of Sarah's pencil box and the feather form from Stephanie's.


Here is my iteration that was more like Sarah's. I kept with the natural paper but found one that looked like it had flecks of feather's in it to mimic Stephanie's and I chose to put the turquoise feather inside as the pencil holder because in Stephanie's project the turquoise egg is hidden in the middle. I felt like it would be a more suitable place than putting a feather latch on the outside.



METAMORPHASIS!

No comments: