Tuesday, November 6, 2007

Still-life shading

I had a hard time illustrating the blanket underneath the scissors. It was very hard trying to capture the fleece texture against the metal.

This is supposed to be a fountain in the back of Karis's yard, there were lots of plants adn shubbery so I treated it as different sections instead of each individual flower or leaf. The grass in the background I tried doing in a pattern to make it more interesting however, I'm not sure that was the right approach. It does not show the depth that I saw outside.
This is my favorite. I feel like I really captured the correct highlights and shadows. I wish we could do more drawings in black paper with white colored pencils. I feel like I get a more dramatic result.
This has to be the least favorite of them all. It was the assignment where it asked to pick three tones and I just do not feel like it captures what I saw at all.

No comments: